The Tahoe Art League serves the entire south shore of Lake Tahoe through promoting the creation and availability of visual fine arts. Members benefit through monthly demonstrations in the fine arts, opportunities to participate in plein air painting sessions, periodic classes, and the ability to exhibit their work for sale in a number of locations throughout the south shore.
And because we are a charitable 501(c)3 non profit corporation, our community benefits through our charitable giving as we offer scholarships to local high school and college students, free weekly art classes at the El Dorado County Mental Health Wellness Center, and other opportunities to give back to this wonderful place we call home.
Membership in the Tahoe Art League is a win-win proposition!
Here are a few of TAL's win-win opportunities!
1. General Meeting and Demonstration by notable artists in a variety of media. Details below.
2. Classes and Workshops. Do you have a class you would like to teach? Let us know!
3. Volunteer to help engage the community in art.
4. Volunteer for TAL. We have many committees, departments, and board positions that rotate regularly.
5. Annual Studio Tour. We invite you to participate as an exhibitor and/or help on the committee.
6. Art Around Town. Show your art at the Bank of the West, A Cup of Cherries Cafe, the Meyers Downtown Cafe, the Tahoe Sierra Resorts, and in the lobby of the City Offices at the Airport (coming soon.) Click to view venues!.
7. Special events and shows. Sign up for the TAL e-News (below) for all of the latest events and happenings.
Join us today to meet Tahoe's great group of artists and enjoy the opportunities listed above! You may apply any time during the year. Simply download the application,then mail it with membership fees to the address on the application, or drop it off at the Art Center. Address below.
For those renewing, our membership runs the calendar year, so if you haven't renewed yet for 2017, please do so today.
Download the 2017 Membership Application
Get the latest TAL happenings: Classes, Events, Meetings, Paint-outs, Demonstrations, etc.
Sign up for e-News today!
Please join us at our monthly General Meeting
Our General Meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at the South Lake Tahoe Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
Join us for:
6:00 - 6:30 pm Social and refreshments. Includes potluck snacks. Please bring an item if you would like.
6:30 - 7:00 pm Business meeting.
7:00 - 8:00 pm Presentation.
Show and Tell: Please bring and artwork of yours to share with the group!